SPECIAL PURPOSE MACHINES & EQUIPMENT
Industrial customers often recognise their processes can be improved if they can implement a new technology or use an existing technology in a novel way.
The theme specialises in the design and manufacture of unique, bespoke and highly customised machines and equipment with the aim of:
- Enabling brand new types of products to be manufactured
- Improving productivity of existing manufacturing processes
- Eliminating the risk to operators by replacing manual tasks
Using the latest design tools and techniques, the engineers have developed a solid portfolio of successes and have experience in developing first of their kind:
- Multi-axis CNC metal forming machines
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) equipment
- Prototype end effectors and manipulators
- Stewart Platforms (Hexapods)
- Adaptive and dynamic work holding
- ‘Factory-in-a-Box’ type process lines
Working in a partnership with the client embedded into the team; in collaboration with academic partners and members, the theme can:
- Help clients to understand current state-of-the-art technologies for their process.
- Concept new and novel machine technologies.
- De-risk the process in which to develop ‘first-of-a-kind’ machines and equipment
- Design, manufacture, commission and test prototype machines and equipment
- Help define the route to full scale production